1. Associated Costs: The Participant will make all arrangements, accept all responsibilities, and meet all costs relating to the participation in the event.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Considering that, BASALT CONFERENCE proposes to conduct Corporate Events, including international conferences, seminars, workshops, round table and meetings, in order to facilitate internationalization of science, research, technology transfer, technology, innovation, enterprises, investment and technological development in regions with great development potential.
Considering that, the Participant wishes to register and participate in the Event.
Considering that, these Terms and Conditions of Participation are part of the regulatory documentation of the event, which also includes the Registration Form. In case of any inconsistency, these Terms and Conditions of Participation prevail over the remaining documentation.
Considering that, upon the presentation of the Registration Form, an agreement is entered into force between BASALT CONFERENCE and the Participant, both parties agree the following terms and conditions:
Considering that, The commercial management, logistical and operational support of the activities carried out within the framework of BASALT CONFERENCE is ensured by the Tour Operator BOX TRAVEL - Tour Operator, S.A., www.boxtravel.eu. BOX TRAVEL is a Cape Verdean tourist operator present in Europe through its subsidiary. In this context, the activities carried out are subject to compliance with the legal rules in Cape Verde and those issued by the European Union and in the countries of the European Union where BOX TRAVEL is present or represented.
1.Acceptance of a Registration Form
Following the submission of a Registration Form, either electronically or in hard copy, BASALT CONFERENCE will determine whether the Participant is approved for the event or not.
If the Participant is approved for the event, BASALT CONFERENCE will issue an Acceptance E-mail to the Participant. The Acceptance Email will include a cooling off period of two working days in which the Participant may give notice to BASALT CONFERENCE that it will withdraw from the event, at which time this Agreement ends.
If the Participant is not approved for the event, BASALT CONFERENCE will notify the Participant by E- mail up to two working days after the reception of the Registration Form and this Agreement expires.
BASALT CONFERENCE reserves the sole discretion as to whether to approve a Participant for the event and the Participant agrees and accepts that BASALT CONFERENCE decision is final and not subject to challenge. BASALT CONFERENCE is not required to provide reasons for the decision of not approving a Participant for the event.
BASALT CONFERENCE may, at its discretion, accept or reject a Registration Form received after the specified deadline.
The registration fee, as listed for each Event, covers all conference papers, lunches, transfers, morning and afternoon refreshments and, where applicable, an evening reception/dinner. Accommodation and travel associated with the conference are NOT included in the registration fee.
Participant's General Responsibilities
2. Warning: The Participant must strictly comply with the Health, Hygiene, and Safety regulations determined by the competent authorities as well as the Code of Conduct of BASALT CONFERENCE.
3. Visas: In order to obtain Visas, BASALT CONFERENCE strongly recommends that each Participant shall contact the Embassy of the destination country existing in his residence area or request support from BASALT CONFERENCE if applicable. The Participant acknowledges that is solely responsible for making itself aware of all relevant information and travel advice available in relation to the country where the Event will take place and any countries through which the Participant or its representatives will transit.
4. Insurance: BASALT CONFERENCE strongly recommends that the Participant takes out appropriate insurance to cover risks, including travel risks, which may arise due to the Participant's involvement in the Event and the insurance should be valid at all relevant times, including return to origin. BASALT CONFERENCE recommends that each Participant should seek professional advice concerning the risks and relevant insurances relating to its participation in the event.
5. Conduct: BASALT CONFERENCE reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate services under this Agreement at its sole discretion and without liability if it considers ongoing services may lead the parties to disrepute situation. By disrepute, it is meant to say potential breach of International or Local Laws, solvency, commercial dispute, unethical or immoral acts or any matter where ongoing provision of services is considered not in the best interests of the Event objectives.
1. Agricultural producers, researchers, academics and students:The base costs of participation in events promoted by BASALT CONFERENCE are applied evenly to each Participant, except in situations where this differentiation is clearly justified, namely for agricultural producers, researchers, academics and students.
Differentiation of participation costs
2. Participants non agricultural producers, researchers, academics or students: or linked to business projects in partnership with agricultural producers, researchers, academics or students: these participants benefit from the same conditions of the participants referred to in the previous number. However, the agricultural producers, researchers, academics or students component must have at least one-third equity in the business.
Changes to the Event: BASALT CONFERENCE will make efforts to ensure that the event proceeds in accordance with the established plans. However, in its sole discretion, BASALT CONFERENCE may make changes to the event at any time and without prior notice to the Participant, if this does not affect the Participant.
Event changes and additional Terms and Conditions
1. Withdrawal: In case of a withdrawal from the event, BASALT CONFERENCE accepts no responsibility for any financial losses incurred to the participant.
Withdrawal and Cancellation
2. Cancellation or delay of Event: BASALT CONFERENCE may cancel or delay the event at any time in case of risk to persons, property or force majeure. If BASALT CONFERENCE cancels or delays the event, the Participant will be notified as soon as possible.
1. Liability and Termination Rights:BASALT CONFERENCE reserves the right to suspend or terminate services under this Agreement at its sole discretion and without liability, if it considers there is a breach of any destination country law as well as the International Law, by a Participant or where ongoing provision of services may bring the Participant into a disrepute situation.
Liability and Indemnity
2. Force Majeure: BASALT CONFERENCE will not be liable to the Participant for any loss suffered, nor be in default under this Agreement for any reason of force majeure, namely blackouts, fire, war, earthquakes, floods, and labour disputes.
3. Indemnity: The Participant indemnifies BASALT CONFERENCE, its employees, representatives and agents, collectively the indemnified, against all actions, proceedings, claims and demands which may be brought or made against the indemnified by any person in respect of any loss, damage or injury occurring to any person or property arising out of or in connection with the Participant's involvement in the event.
4. Employees, Agents and Participant Representatives: Any rights conferred on the Participant are likewise conferred on its employees, representatives, contractors and invitees. Therefore, any breach of these Terms and Conditions of Participation by any Participant′s employee, representative, contractor, or invitee constitutes a breach of this Agreement by the Participant.
5. Intellectual Property: The Participant shall indemnify BASALT CONFERENCE from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, including fines and penalties, damages and reasonable costs resulting from any claim, suit or action, including legal costs and expenses, arising from reliance on information provided by the Participant for use by BASALT CONFERENCE or for any breaches of third party intellectual property.
1. Translation assistances: In order to ensure full communication in any destination country, BASALT CONFERENCE will ensure an interpreter to any Participant in case of a clear need.
2. Services provided by third parties: Any failures resulting from services to Participants not provided by BASALT CONFERENCE cannot impute any liability to BASALT CONFERENCE.
3. Privacy: The Participant consents to the personal information in the Registration Form being stored as a contact record in a database, which is accessed by BASALT CONFERENCE staff in Cabo Verde or elsewhere, consequently.
3.1 the Participant agrees that its personal information is shared with third parties who may assist BASALT CONFERENCE in its export and investment activities;
3.2 the Participant allows BASALT CONFERENCE to record his image or any other material provided by the Participant, to be used or published for the purposes of the event. BASALT CONFERENCE may adapt or modify the material collected and distribute or send it by any means of communication, including the internet, without referring the Participant. Once the material has been published, E BASALT CONFERENCE may not have control over the subsequent use of such material;
3.3 the Participant consents to the sharing of its personal information for the purpose of promoting export, import and investment opportunities at BASALT CONFERENCE discretion;
3.4 the Participant consents to BASALT CONFERENCE disclosing its private information if required or requested by the official authorities;
4. Licence: The Participant grants BASALT CONFERENCE a non-exclusive, non-transferable and royalty free licence to use the Participant′s brand name, logo and trademark on any material related to the event.
5. Change: A provision of this Agreement can only be changed by a later written document executed by or on behalf of BASALT CONFERENCE and the Participant.
6. Applicable law: These Terms and Conditions of Participation are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Cabo Verde.
7. Severability: If any term, condition, provision or covenant contained in this Agreement is determined to be illegal, void, prohibited, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it will be severed from these Terms and Conditions of Participation and the remaining Terms and Conditions of Participation will survive and remain in full force and effect.
8. Survival on termination: All indemnities survive termination of this Agreement.
The information you provide when booking for an Event will be held on a database. It will not be released to third parties unconnected with the Event for which you are registering without your express permission.
The Organization accepts different payment methods:
1. Bank transfer in Cape Verde:
1.1 Bank account in Escudos [ECV];
1.2 Bank account in Euros; [Eur];
1.3 Bank account in Dollars [USD].
1. Bank transfer in Europe:
2.1 Bank account in Euros [ Eur ].
3. Through Bank Accounts in Europe:
3.1 VISA card;
3.4 MB Way;
3.5 Direct Debits.
1. Cancellations must be received in writing no later than 10 days before the Event start date and will be subject to a 20% cancellation fee.
2. The transfer of tickets is allowed. BASALT CONFERENCE will consider written requests for replacements. No refund will be made for cancellations received 10 or fewer days before the Event start date or for nonattendance.
3. We shall not be liable to you for travel, accommodation or other costs if we are required to cancel the Event as a result of an event outside our control.
4. Refunds will not be given if you cannot attend for the reason that your visa application is declined.
5. It is the participant′s responsibility to check the eligibility criteria prior to registering for the Event.
1. More than 10 days from the date of the event: 100% refund of the amount paid, with deduction of the reservation fee paid (20% of the cost of participation.);
Refund poly for values paid
2. Up to 20 days before the date of the event: reimbursement of 80% of the amount paid;
3. Up to 15 days before the event: reimbursement of 40% of the amount paid.
4. Up to 10 days before the event: reimbursement of 20% of the amount paid.
5. Less than 05 days before the event: no refund will be made for the amount paid.
6. In the event of force majeure, the free substitution of a registration for another participant is authorized, provided that it is requested in writing, at the latest ten (10) days before the date of the event and it does not no refund will be made.
7. If the participant, for whatever reason, is unable to meet the deadlines defined by the Organization for the various stages of the organization of his participation in the event, the Organization declines all responsibility if all or part of the services are not provided.
All information provided at the Event is for information only and to be used on an ′as is, with all faults′ basis. The BASALT CONFERENCE relies on the national, regional, international experts, companies, individuals or firms presenting at or associated with the Event to present accurate and reliable information, however the organisers give no warranty for it. The BASALT CONFERENCE shall not be liable for any decision made or action taken by participants based upon any information obtained at or as a result of attending the Event.
Acceptance Letter: means written confirmation, which includes an E-maill from an E BASALT CONFERENCE representative accepting the Participant′s Registration Form.
Agreement: means these Terms and Conditions of Participation, the event publications and the Registration Form.
Registration Form: means the online or hard copy Registration Form, specific to the Event.
Event: means international conferences, seminars, workshops, round table and meetings, in order to facilitate internationalization of science, research, technology transfer, technology, innovation, enterprises, investment, and technological development, business trip, trade meeting, or any other enterprise-wide event.
Event Publications: means any information published or otherwise made available by BASALT CONFERENCE , which contains details of the Event including but not limited to the venue and date.
Participant: means any sole agricultural producers, researchers, academics, student, trader, investor, partner, enterprise, university, R&D institution, technology centre, industry, importer, exporter, or any other economic actor or institutional entity (public or private, national, regional or international) that has lodged a Registration Form in respect of the Event.